Spring is in the air….and with it will come April Showers, but don’t let the rain get you down. There are plenty of Activities for Kids on a rainy day.
10) Movie Time: Take the kids to a movie at a local theatre. Or rent a movie from Netflicks or even grab a DVD that you already own and have family movie day complete with popcorn!!
9) Fort Blanket: Use blankets and build an inside fort. Furnishings or other accessories may be required to complete the fort structure, so use precaution and safety techniques when assisting your child.
Balloon Fun: Blow up balloons and play “tap it” rotating taps to see how long everyone can keep the balloon up in the air. Paint or draw funny faces on blown up balloons. Make balloon animals with longer balloons. Care should be taken with the youngsters if the balloon pops as the pieces can be small and should not be put in mouths.
7) Craftiness: Fingerpaints, Watercolors, coloring books, popsicle sticks etc make great rainy day resources to build, paint or glue crafts.
6) Paper Airplanes: Use Books or on-line resources as guides to construct various styles of paper airplanes. Have flying contests for tricks and distance.
5) Board Games: Looking for Activities for Kids on a Rainy Day, Look no further then board games for hours of fun. Check out our site for a list of suggestions on some Great Games.
4) Take a Ride: There are Plenty of Local Indoor activities that can be found. Local Indoor Play Spaces, Theatre, Roller Rinks, Amusements etc. Rainy days present a great opportunity to finally visit these places that you may have been putting off.
3) Bowling: Teach kids to bowl or just have a bunch of family laughs at the local alleys.
2) Wii: Have a Family Wii competition in Golf, Tennis, Bowling, Dance, Karioke etc. Remember to select a game where the entire family can participate.
1) Get Wet!! Don the Raingear and go outside to brave the wetness. Play in puddles…be careful of the mud!!
These are just a few great Activities for Kids on a rainy day that your family can participate in. Rain offers a great chance for family time and togetherness, so be creative and have fun!!